Week 2
In week 1, you identified some learning goals and selected
some Communities of Practice (CoP) for networking and learning opportunities.
Now, in week 2, you have had some time to explore those CoPs in detail and have
plenty to reflect on! Specifically, in your learning blog, please reflect on:
Your learning process in relation to your Week 1 Learning
Goals:
- What
were your learning intentions for the week and did you follow through on
those or did you get sidetracked?
- I
believe my learning intentions were to focus on ADDIE and
Participant-Centered Learning. I was sidetracked, however, I still ended
up learning about Participant-Centered Learning. This past week I was
able to attend the Bob Pike Group conference. All of their training and
techniques are for making your training Instructor-led/Participant-focused.
While they did not say, ADDIE, some of their techniques for designing
training are based on ADDIE and backwards design.
- If you
got sidetracked, was it beneficial or do you need to revise your learning
strategies in order to stay on track?
- I
need to be more mindful and set realistic expectations. Most of all make
these expectations time-bound!
- How
does what you learned this week relate to what you've previously
learned?
- It
built on what I’ve already known. However, it gave examples of
activities.
Your CoP involvement:
- What
types of interaction have you engaged in with your CoP? Is there anything
you have learned intentionally or unintentionally from your interactions
this week?
- I
have not engaged with the CoPs that I signed up for. The Facebook page
didn’t seem very active and then all of sudden a post actually appeared
on my feed.
- How is
your involvement in this CoP similar to, and different from, other
learning networks/CoP you've interacted with, and what might you need to
change/keep the same in order to improve your experiences?
- I
haven’t actively participated in CoPs prior to this course. While I
follow QM on Facebook and Inside Higher Ed on Twitter, it’s more for a
quick glance at the title of the article and nothing more. If it strikes
as interesting, I may save it for later reading, but mainly forget about
it.
I appreciate your blog post Jessica and can completely relate to getting side tracked - but learning still occurred, so that is a positive thing after all! FB algorithms are finicky, weird and wonky - in my opinion, so the fact that a post just "showed up" is not a surprise. As I mentioned to a fellow colleague, if one thing had to fall to the side for this week, it would likely be the engaging in CoPs...but hopefully you'll find some value in them soon. All best, Leah
ReplyDelete