Week 4

Now that we have reached the end of our course, it is time to reflect upon your experiences and what you have learned by participating in your selected communities of practice for the past few weeks. In a new post in your blog, address your own perceptions of the value of communities of practice:



  • Was the experience valuable to you? How so?
    • I did not find the experience valuable. The communities I joined didn't seem to be very active. Other than the one post that showed up on Facebook, I didn't see anything from either community. Communities I already belong to, I continue to find useful and will often click through to see what the latest tip or webinar is.
  • Would you recommend to your faculty or another instructional designer colleague the use of communities of practice for teaching and learning? Do you have any suggestions for making the experience more valuable?
    • I have recommended the other CoPs, like Free Technology for Teachers to faculty. The faculty I worked with were looking for was to incorporate more technology in their courses, I shared with them groups that were focused on them and their beginner skill level, which was more valuable to than another research article.
  • What final insights did you learn about your chosen learning goals from Week 1?
    • That I have to find more activities for the online/webinar format! With a budget cut coming, my job is going to focus more on shifting our face-to-face training to the online environment and I have to be ready!

Comments

  1. Jessica, you wrote: That I have to find more activities for the online/webinar format! Oh my! I think you'll be able to find many valuable experiences - hopefully you're following OLC on FB and other social media to get informed - and we'll continue this kind of sharing in our CoP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts